I haven't felt Ramadan at all this year, with all the politics and people dying all around the world, no one is happy anymore. The celebrations are not here, how can we celebrate when our revolution is fading away? Anyway, I'm writing this as a trial to cheer myself up and feel the Ramadan spirit that is definitely in the air, I just can't feel it. Most of the things in that list I'm doing this year too, but not enjoying as I used to unfortunately.
- Taraweeh prayers in my favorite mosque among neighbors that I only meet in Taraweeh, but who never fail to be the friendliest people around. Or even my late night Taraweeh at home.
- المسحراتي the one who says اصحى يا نايم واحد الدايم instead of just banging his tabla, would be even better if he calls children's names.
- The race of finishing Qur'an before your friends, although I'm kind of slow and I only finish once, but I probably work harder on it than those who finish it twice, and for that I'm proud.
- The other race of drinking as much water as I can before the athan! And then I get really thirsty the minute he says Allho akbar.
- المدفع, a great plus would be that I hear the real one too along with the one I see on TV.
- Dates at breakfast, I don't really do it because it's a sunnah, I enjoy the sugary taste of dates after 15 hours of tasting absolutely nothing.
- Family and friends iftar
- The taste of coffee after waiting and waiting and more waiting for it for hours that seem to be never ending.
- فوانيس رمضان everywhere
- Decorated mosques
- Decorated everything
- Sohour outings
- Counting the days till the Eid =)