Go!

When I go to Tahrir I feel this energy floating everywhere, I get this feeling that I'm in the right place, doing the right thing. I feel that I'm putting my time and power in the greatest cause I can ever have. I feel God watching over me and approving. I feel completely selfless. If feel that dignity is priceless. The minute I get in Tahrir a smile is put on my face, even without me noticing. It's a different kind of smile, a smile of positivity, of knowing your fight is right. I smile because in Tahrir I turn into another person, into a better person. In there, I'm a person who won't give up the fight, in there, failing is unacceptable to me. I smile because I never feel safer, I never feel more welcomed, I never feel more appreciated. I smile because in there I see the people I meet everyday being real Egyptians and loving it. When in Tahrir, I don't only believe, but I know that as long as we're alive there will always be hope.
Before Mubarak had resigned, I went to Tahrir only ten times out of 18. The eight days I spent at home, especially the five days after rage Friday, were filled with worry. I felt negativity take over me during those days, my hope faded with every breath those days. When I stayed home, I knew nothing, I didn't know if we can do it. It's faith that kept me going during those days. It's the belief that we're doing the right that kept me from breaking down. It's the fact that God will always have right winning at the end that made me never lose hope.
In these eight nights, I used to lay in bed with my eyes wide open, crying inside. Crying because not knowing is sometimes unbearable. It's unbearable when the lives of hundreds of thousands might be in danger. It's unbearable when the future of a country depends on the next few days. It's unbearable when you have people around knowing that things won't work. During those eight nights, I used to pray and pray for God to keep my faith strong, and God had always kept it strong, even through the worst of times.
Before the revolution had started most of the people had no hope in anything close to this happening. Some said there would be a military coupe, others said a hunger revolution, others said this generation will do nothing, the best they could do is to bring up children who would revolt. But only a few had faith in our generation. These few people are the ones with a strong faith. I had hope that we would dop something, hope that I have no idea where it came from. Of course I had never imagined anything close to the revolution, but I had hope. I had hope maybe because I'm too optimistic, but I was right to have hope. I had hope with no faith, this is why on January the 25th I wasn't protesting, I watching the protests on TV and the internet. This why I prayed while watching that it would turn into a revolution, prayed while sitting on my couch comfortably with my fear barrier unbroken.
Then people died in Suez, and with their death they brought faith into many hearts, mine was one of them. They brought faith because at that moment I knew that neither God nor people would give up on blood. They brought power, power that is strong enough to break my fear barrier. Power that made me and hundreds of thousands take the streets on rage Friday even though we knew we could die. They brought belief, belief that we can do the impossible if we tried hard enough. These people who gave their lives as a price for freedom,didn't only bring change to the country, but they have changed the lives of many to the better. These are the ones who didn't give up, these are the ones we should never give up on. 
If you haven't gone to Tahrir during the first 18 days and had no hope, and had your faith almost getting lost, then believe me, I know how you felt. I was on the verge of feeling the same at times, and it's going back to Tahrir that brought hope back into my heart, it is what made me stronger. If you still have this feeling,if you still lose hope and faith every now and then. If you're depressed because of the situation we are in. If you're worried about the country. If you have any of these feelings, visit a square near you. Listen to the people,chant with them, get to know them, let them explain their ideas to you.Only then, you'll know why there's hope in the squares. Only then you'll know where their faith comes from. Only then, you'll feel the good of using your power for the greatest cause.
Go to Tahrir for your own good, if not for your country. Go there because if you do, your spirit will be lifted high, so high, higher than it can ever be. Go there for a shot of positivity that will last a long while.  Go there to know how these people think. Go there because these squares are the purest places in Egypt. Just give it a try, just live the experience, just once. If you don't feel free, if you don't feel pure, if you don't get the hope, don't go again.
If you are worried or scared know that the fear barrier won't be broken until you're there. You can't live all your life with this fear, and know that when you break your wall of fear, you'll be a totally different person, a better person, a happier person. Don't let fear control your life. And if it's a big protest, a million man march, then there is nothing to fear at all. Once you're inside the square you'll be in the safest place. Once you're inside you'll be among millions of courageous people who know very well how to protect you, because they have done this many times before. I'm just a normal girl, if anything, I'm spoiled. If there is anything to fear for anyone, I'd know. I wouldn't lie to you. I'm not crazy, I'm not reckless, I'm a completely normal person as normal as you are, I'd know if there is something that would scare you, believe me.
Before we brought down Mubarak, you had no reason to have hope. Now there is every reason for you to have hope, to believe in our power, your power. There is every reason for us to try, for you to try. We did a lot, and we can do more, you can do more. Join us, and you won't regret it. Join us, before the day comes and your children ask you what you have done in the revolution and you don't find an answer for them. Do it so you can be proud of yourself for the rest of your life. Imagine how good it would feel to share your revolution stories with your children. Imagine how good it would feel when you see your country going from the good to the better and proudly say that you were part of this. Don't say you can't go because your parents don't allow you, speak with them, convince them, try very hard, don't give up. Then take them with you and go. Tell your friends, take them with you and go. Tomorrow is a million man march take whoever you can and go. The protest starts at 5:30, the weather will be fine, bring water with you and go. Finish your work and go. Go before it is too late. Go so you don't regret not going for the rest of your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of Osiris, Moral of the Legend

Who Voted for Shafiq?

Egypt Uprising 2013: One Last Push