The Sweetest of Memories

25.05.2009....
One year has passed, one whole year!!
This wonderful day, an unforgettable day, a day that comes once in a lifetime. We were the stars that day, and by we, I mean GUC's class 09. It was like we had paparazzi cameras all around us, a day full of smiles and laughter. A day full of memories, memories of five years, five years that have flown by and without us even knowing. They're bittersweet memories that will last a lifetime. Those memories, the memories of our photo-shoot, will forever be carved in my heart. They're memories of an amazing day, a day to treasure. 

I owe a lot to my beloved GUC, I am who I am today because of the GUC. It's made a better person out of me, a hard-worker, an independent, strong, well educated person. I've learned a lot in these five years, I've enjoyed them at times, hated my life at other times, but all in all, I know that this decision was the best I've ever made in my life.  That day, is one of the many many things I owe to this wonderful place. The GUC administration drove us crazy at many times, but this event made me forget all the bad situations we had to go through because of them.

Spending a whole day of taking pictures in the GUC gardens with the nicest of friends was good. What was even better, was the celebrations, looking around and seeing everyone happy for us, celebrating with us. Taking pictures with our faculty members, with Prof Slim, with the T.A.s, all of them happy for us, proud of us was just amazing.  It's such a sweet sweet memory, I still remember the sounds of laughter, shouting and camera shutters......

Today, I'm just so glad that I'm still in my beloved GUC, that I'm still friends with the same people that made this photo-shoot as special as it was. I'm glad that I'm still seeing people as excited about graduating as we once were, that I still can see as many happy faces as I once saw during our celebrations. I'm glad to be in place that reminds me of the best days of my life, the place were we laughed so hard even during the worst times. I'm so happy for being part of this photo-shoot. I'm so so proud to be a GUCian, so glad to have made the right choice. 

I owe a thank you to the GUC administration, to the ushers, the photographers, our staff, to the GUC gardens and buildings, the security guards, and every single person who works in the GUC. They all deserve a big thank you for celebrating with us, for making better people out of us. For torturing us for our own good, at least most of the time =).  For making me proud of who I am, for giving me the chance to know people that I'm lucky to have known. For giving us the chance to learn and enjoy learning (again, at least most of the times=D), for making the memory of these five years that good....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of Osiris, Moral of the Legend

Who Voted for Shafiq?

Egypt Uprising 2013: One Last Push