What's Up with the Army?!
I've been asking myself this question for too long, and I can't find an answer. They say they're on our side, and that our demands are legitimate and then they do nothing of them. We chant that the army and the people are one, but they're not showing that we are. I don't want to lose trust in the army, I don't want us to fight together, I want us to stay united. Not because the army is perfect, but because it's always good to have them on our side, even if not completely on our side. Because dividing us has always been the regime's and the state security's main aim. Because we always want more friends than enemies. But this doesn't not mean that we let them do whatever they want. It does not mean that we make them forget that this is our revolution and they're in power to bring us our demands. Being in power doesn't mean that we should listen to them, they're the ones who should listen to us.
If the political game is too hard for the amry then they should ask for help and make a presidential council, and actually this would make everyone more comfortable. If the regime and the caretaker cabinet are too strong for them, then they should let us protest and help them sack them. If they plan to meet our demands, but are too slow then they should give us a time schedule. If they're on the regime's side, then they really should stop lying, because people have put their trust in them and they really should show that they're worthy of this trust or just say that they are not. Again, I don't want to accuse the army of anything, but they're really not helping me with that. I really don't understand what's up with them, but I'm hoping that we always stay united. There are too many questions for them to answer though:
- Why did they turn violent on the revolutionaries on Friday night, then apologized?
- Why aren't they sacking the cabinet or giving us a time schedule?
- Why are there some detainees in prison?
- Why is the state security still working?
- Why haven't they changed the the party laws?
- Why do they refuse the help of a civilian council?
- When will the police do their job?
- Why is the NDP still in power?
- Why does the constitutional amendements have complications that will cause us to have a president for six months until we write the new constitution?