Ancient Egyptian Wisdom
- What you are doing does not matter so much as what you are learning from doing it. · It is better not to know and to know that one does not know,than presumptuously to attribute some random meaning to symbols.
- The kingdom of heaven is within you; and whosoever shall know himself shall find it.
- There grows no wheat where there is no grain.
- If the Master teaches what is error, the disciple's submission is slavery; if he teaches truth, this submission is ennoblement.
- The first concerning the 'secrets': all cognition comes from inside; we are therefore initiated only by ourselves, but the Master gives the keys.
- When the student is ready, the Teacher will appear.
- Fair speech is more rare than the emerald that is found by slave-maidens on the pebbles.
- Great is Truth, appointing a straight path