Almost Near

A moon looking so small lights up the whole world. A simple smile on your face lights up my little world. A moon so far away is always close everywhere. No matter how far you may be you'll always be here with me. A moon as old as time knows all the tales of love. Inside of me, I carry our stories that only both of us know, that only make sense to you and me. A moon looking so pure washes up the darkness of the night. A love ever so white brings hope in the darkest days.

I hear your voice and I'm yearning for your presence. I look to the moon and I feel you close to me, because I know that no matter how far you are you're watching the same scene. I know you can see the same moon. I feel you close, but not just enough, like lips almost touching, but not quite so.  Like breaths mixed together with the never-ending breeze. Like two hearts beating to the same rhyme, but only one is heard. Like two hands touching, but through a wall of glass.

I imagine us walking together in the moonlight in a world so quite, so serene. You whisper your sweet words and I can almost see our shadows dancing on the moon, I can almost feel your touch and my whole body shivers, not with fear, not with lust, only with love. I feel your lips almost touching mine, I feel your kiss and I'm no longer here. Your kiss flies me on a star to where you are. And only then am I with with you. Only then you 're not almost here. Only then your presence feels so real. Only when your lips kiss mine can I live one more day waiting for you to be here, not just almost near.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of Osiris, Moral of the Legend

Who Voted for Shafiq?

Egypt Uprising 2013: One Last Push