Eternally Happy

I look to his face and I see hope, I see will, I see rage for the oppression that let him die. I look to his face and I don't care what he has done in his life, I don't care if he was politically active, I don't care about anything but that day. I look to his face and I see injustice... injustice to an extent that a man, just another man, walking in the street early at night would be beaten to death by a police that is supposed to protect him. I look to his face and I see faces watching him being killed and not being able to do anything about it except taping it. I look to his face and I see a scene that we have all once seen; a car accident and ten other cars stopping to help. I look to his face and I see a nation of people who'd help anyone they meet in the street. I look to his face and I see the amount of terror these people had of the police, enough terror to let someone die and do nothing about it. I look to his face and I see tens or hundreds of other faces, just like him, just another Egyptian who had been killed by our protectors. When I look to his face I see eternal happiness that he might have not had in his life, but now has in a much better place. I look to his face and I see love, eternal love of an entire nation, I see the love of God to him, I see goodness in him, because if he weren't good, if good didn't love him, he wouldn't have been given the love and prayers of almost 85 million Egyptians. I look to his face and I see light, the life that he has given us, he lost his life to awaken millions from death, to show us the right path. I look to his face and I see dignity, of him and of a country that has stopped accepting being brutally treated by anyone. I look to his face and I see an angel, a wake up call, a chance, a push. He is not with us anymore, but he is much happier now, and with every step toward justice we will make him happier. May you rest in peace, may you be eternally happy Khaled Saeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of Osiris, Moral of the Legend

Who Voted for Shafiq?

Egypt Uprising 2013: One Last Push